The SRX250 came with a 90/90×16 front tire and a 100/90×18 rear tire. These sizes impossible to find in the US. I looked for days, but couldn’t find a front tire in this size anywhere. This size tire is available in Europe. I ordered these Michelin Pilot Sporty’s from the UK. Even with shipping the price was not outrageous.
The SRX600 runs. At this point, at a minimum, it needs new valve guide seals and a repaint. Shortly after these photos were taken I disassembled the bike to have the frame and wheels powdercoated and the tank, fenders and sidecovers professionally painted.
My 14 year old son was learning how to ride and crashed the bike, adding to the list of restoration tasks.
- The headlight shell, rim and glass were scraped and replaced.
- Front fender was cracked and repaired.
- The shift lever was broken and replaced.
- Left engine case scraped and repaired.
- Headlight ears were bent and replaced.
- Headlight/instrument bracket bent and replaced.