I bought a Kawasaki KH400 gas tank to replace the stock peanut style tank. The tunnel of the Kawasaki didn’t fit under the steep slope of the SR250’s frame. After an unsuccessful afternoon of beating the on the tunnel with a ball peen hammer, I cut out the old tunnel and made a new one from sheet metal.
Making the new tunnel wasn’t too difficult. However, I failed miserably when I tried to weld in the new tunnel myself using a MIG welder. After many hours of welding, burning holes in the thin sheet metal, patching these holes, and lots of grinding and testing for leaks, I gave up on the Kawasaki tank and started looking for another one.