Added fiberglass extensions to the seat to help integrate the seat and tank. The sides of the seat have also been trimmed.
The fender that I made a while back has also been mounted. The fender needs to be trimmed considerably.
I am using the round chrome gauges from a 1978 XS400 in place of the rectangular plastic cluster that was originally on the 82 XS400. I made a new bracket for the speedo and tach. The gauges are mounted about 2″ lower.
I plan to make plugs to fit in the holes for the handlebar bushings and fit LED’s into them for the neutral, turn, engine lights. The high beam indicator in the tachometer will be preserved.
I found this Moto-Bike on Craigslist in Seattle, contacted the seller and worked out a deal that included shipping it across the country.
The seller got it second-hand and put a lot of miles on it growing up. The frame has weld repairs in two places and the seat loop is bent. The seat, fork crown and crank-set are well worn replacement parts. The front tire is an original “Tractor Grip” tire (made in Japan) and is almost bald. It had been repainted with all of the original decals still in place.
The mufflers are from a Yamaha XY600 Radian. They are fitted to the original headers using Emgo Upswept Muffler Adapters.